Charcoal is more than just for grilling those mouth watering barbecues and other savory meat dishes. Activated charcoal could be your most important beauty product. When you say activated, this is heated to a certain degree or level then it becomes powder. Its uses are surprisingly many.
Charcoal as a beauty product can be used in the following ways:
- It’s an all natural product that you can use to treat burns and wounds. You can also use it to soothe insect bites
- When used on the face, activated charcoal clears your pores from all kinds of organic impurities. It also clears your skin of blackheads and other skin impurities.
- Used twice a week as facial mask or mask, it helps eliminate excess oil on your face.
- When utilized as natural exfoliator, it helps remove dead skin cells and sebum (oil secretion).
- It has antimicrobial properties to fight infections.
- Charcoal powder can be used as a stand alone or with toothpaste and it cleans and whitens your teeth by removing stains from coffee, tea, plaque and nicotine.
- When used as shampoo, it removes unpleasant odor from your hair. Shampoos with charcoal are best suited for medium to oil
- It helps you get rid of dandruff and other scalp problems.
So where can you get this all natural product? It’s just a by product of nutshells, coconut husks, coal, wood and peat burned without any presence of oxygen. When charcoal is activated, it absorbs up to 1000 times its weight.
Not only can you use it in your daily beauty regimen, but when in solid form it can be taken orally to relieve you of gas pains, indigestion and upset stomach. It is even a popular ingredient in purifying water and other beverages.
Best of all, this costs only a fraction of what your most favorite beauty product costs. So why don’t you give activated charcoal a try.