All of us want long, beautiful lashes but not all of us are blessed with it. Luckily for those who need a little help in the eyelash department – you can get an eyelash extension safely and painlessly. So, after getting an eyelash extension – what now? Well, number one is to know the dos and don’ts after getting an eyelash extension to avoid damage and ensure they last as long as possible. We compiled a list for you – make sure you read it and follow the instructions.
• Don’t get it wet within 24 hours. This is very important because you need to let the glue set properly. This means that the following activities are not allowed within 24 hours – going to the beach, or a pool for a swim, sauna and yes, even crying. Yes, you heard me, crying is not allowed so avoid sad movies and breakups within 24 hours of getting an eyelash extension.
• Avoid rubbing your eyes. For obvious reasons. This will damage the extension. If you want to dry your eyelashes after a bath, gently dab on it or use your hairdryer on cool setting.
• Don’t use regular eyelash curlers. Eyelash curlers crimp and pull at the lashes, so using this on your eyelash extensions is a big no-no. Most extensions already have a natural curl to them, anyway so you won’t be needing the eyelash curlers.
• Don’t use oil-based or waterproof mascaras. Waterproof, or oil-based mascaras shorten the life of your eyelash extensions as they tend to break down the glue used n the extensions. Instead, you can use water-based mascara
• Don’t remove or cut your extensions. If you find that you want shorter lashes, or if the extensions are already coming off do not try to cut or remove them yourself. You may end up cutting or removing your own lashes. Book an appointment instead and let the professionals handle it.
• Keep your lashes clean. After 24 hours of getting an extension, you can get the lashes wet. When washing your face, make sure you use a gentle cleanser that’s safe for your lashes. Gently blot or dab your lashes to dry it.
• Make sure your hands are clean before touching your lashes. This rule is applicable with or without extensions so you won’t irritate your eyes.
• Sleep on your back. Bad news for you if you like sleeping on your side or with your face squashed on your pillows. If you want your extensions to last longer avoid these sleeping positions as it will make the extensions fall out quicker.